The much anticipated Django 2.0 was recently released and we are updating Pinax apps, client projects, and our own sites. This offers the perfect opportunity to share our process and some of the most common issues.
Recently I updated
eldarion-ajax to have more robust tests along with 100% test coverage. I wanted to get to this point before I venture into some potentially aggressive refactoring.
For a long time, we used TravisCI and Coveralls for executing lint checkers and tests and tracking our code coverage. These are fine tools but we’ve recently switched to CircleCI and CodeCov. This is our default setup for projects.
It can be fairly common to have situations where your users need to quickly add
items to a list, edit those items, and perhaps even sort them. Ideally,
we can keep the user focused on their data and tasks rather than how to
navigate the software facilitating the work.
In building wine.study, we quickly got to the point where we were experiencing a development bottleneck in the construction of components. This bottleneck occurred due to a number of reasons. We solved it with a live style guide.
Adding Pinax “likes”, “testimonials”, and “announcements” to a Django project.
A step-by-step guide to creating a Django project from scratch with Pinax
starter projects and apps.
There is an issue with migrations that crops up in a specific scenario
in Django 1.7. While it is documented, we first became aware of it when
doing a round of project upgrades to Django 1.8.
In pinax-blog (previously named biblion), there are extensions to the markup
libraries that make including images simple and easy.