Keep Your Vue Apps Fresh
How Eldarion Works Remotely
For 11 years, Eldarion has operated as a “virtual” company. We have no offices and no two people work in the same location. Most people work from their homes.
Recap of Django US 2019
DjangoCon US 2019 took place at Mission Valley Marriott in sunny San Diego from September 22-27. Eldarion’s Katherine Michel shared some insight into what that experience was like and what's on the horizon for Django!
Building a Scaife Viewer Quickly
After building the Scaife Viewer as the next generation reading environment for the Perseus Digital Library back on March 15, 2018, we have been thinking a lot about how to enable others to quickly build readers based on the same underlying technology.
Recap of PyCon US 2019
PyCon US 2019 took place at Huntington Convention Center in downtown Cleveland, Ohio from May 1-10. Eldarion’s Katherine Michel wrote about what it was like to experience PyCon US for the first time!
Loading Global Vue Components
When building Vue apps, we will invariably have components that are pretty generic and don’t fit within any one feature area. For these type of components we create a global registry so they are available throughout the application.
Using vue-devtools with Safari and Django
The vue-devtools is a fantastic browser extension for Chrome and Firefox that give you direct access to component tree, state snapshots, and events. It dramatically increases developer productivity. The only problem is it won't run in Safari.
Setup Guide to Django + Vue with Webpack
For a long time now we’ve used Browserify for our bundling and a bunch of different npm scripts to manage other aspects of our static pipeline. The more we started doing with Vue, the more it became obvious the need to move to Webpack.
10 Tips for Upgrading to Django 2.0
The much anticipated Django 2.0 was recently released and we are updating Pinax apps, client projects, and our own sites. This offers the perfect opportunity to share our process and some of the most common issues.
Recently I updated eldarion-ajax to have more robust tests along with 100% test coverage. I wanted to get to this point before I venture into some potentially aggressive refactoring.